FETA TOMATO PASTA!
Another TikTok made me do it special!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Have you tried the viral feta tomato pasta trend?? I am never letting this trend die, sorry. It is too good to not keep enjoying. This time, I added some spinach into the mix and paired it with some chickpea pasta for a truly amazing dish.
I love that WW always me to eat whatever I want. So that I can participate in some of these TikTok trends (remember the tortilla hack). I lightened up the dish to stay one track while keeping it delicious.
Plus, you all requested more Greek dishes!
I used a whole box of Banza chickpea bowtie pasta for this dish and Publix's reduced fat feta cheese, found in the cheese section.
Feta Tomato Spinach Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta chickpea, dry
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 24 cherry tomatoes about 8 ounces
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces reduced fat feta cheese
- basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach packed
- crushed red pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. After cooking, remove ¼ cup of pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta well and set aside
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside
- Grab an oven safe dish, I used an 8x8 glass casserole dish.
- Add the tomatoes and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the Splenda, salt and pepper and toss into the oil.
- Add the minced garlic on top of the tomatoes. Move the tomatoes to the outside of the dish place the block of feta in the middle of the tomatoes.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, flipping over the feta halfway. Or until your desired wellness.
- Smash the feta and tomatoes up to create a sauce like consistency. If too thick, add a splash of the pasta water until desired thickness is reached
- Chop up the baby spinach and add into the dish. Toss to coat until spinach is wilted.
- Add the pasta in and toss to coat
- Top with fresh basil. Sprinkle on some crushed red pepper for a spicy dish.
We have also made this dish and added left over sweet asian taco meat to it. SO GOOD! The sweetness of the meat with the acidity of the tomatoes work so well together. Great way to add protein into the meal.