I waited all week, and saved up so many points, for this dish. This sausage spinach sun-dried tomato pasta was so worth it. Might be one of my favorites! The tomatoes combine together so perfectly and give the dish such a unique and vibrant taste. Plus, this sausage is one of my newest obsessions. Add some spinach in there for some veggies!!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
Sausage Spinach Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces Banza pasta dry
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces ground sausage Johnsonville sweet
- ¼ onion diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes drained
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water then drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground sausage, breaking it apart while cooking. Once slightly broken up, season with the salt and pepper. Cook almost through, until almost all the pink is gone.
- Add baby spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix to allow the spinach to completely wilt. Allow chicken to cook completely.
- Add in cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add a splash of pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in the pasta and stir to combine in the sauce.
- Divide evenly into four bowls.