I waited all week, and saved up so many points, for this dish. This sausage spinach sun-dried tomato pasta was so worth it. Might be one of my favorites! The tomatoes combine together so perfectly and give the dish such a unique and vibrant taste. Plus, this sausage is one of my newest obsessions. Add some spinach in there for some veggies!!
Sausage Spinach Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces Banza pasta dry
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces ground sausage Johnsonville sweet
- 1/4 onion diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water then drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on the stove over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add minced garlic and cook for one minute. Add diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground sausage, breaking it apart while cooking. Once slightly broken up, season with the salt and pepper. Cook almost through, until almost all the pink is gone.
- Add baby spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix to allow the spinach to completely wilt. Allow chicken to cook completely.
- Add in cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add a splash of pasta water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add in the pasta and stir to combine in the sauce.
- Divide evenly into four bowls.