New favorite sauce alert!!! This pepper alla vodka pasta is absolutely amazing. All the flavors just mend together and form into a perfect, thick and creamy sauce. Think penne alla vodka, but with sun-dried tomatoes and a bell pepper! You would never even know!! This sauce has been my absolute favorite thing lately and I love how versatile it is.
I used a red bell pepper since it was the same color as the tomatoes I used. That way the color of the sauce was rich and beautiful. You can use yellow or orange, if you can’t find red. But I don’t suggest green because it will make the sauce turn into a weird color, and color is important!
Pepper alla Vodka Pasta
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes 1/2 a 14.5 ounce can
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes drained
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1.5 fully cooked links of sausage Boar’s Head Robust Italian Chicken Sausage
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/8 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces Banza pasta dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- Dice the onion and slice the sausage, set aside.
- Chop the half pepper up into smaller pieces so it is easier to blend. Blend tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and bell pepper until smooth then set aside.
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the garlic and diced onion and saute for 1-2 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta.
- Add in the seasonings and stir to combine, top with the cooked sausage.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it (set to 6 if you like the pasta softer).
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid, it will be water-y, that is okay.
- Turn the pot to saute. Add the cream cheese into the pot. Stir until melted.