One of my most useful dishes is my homemade tomato sauce. It’s an amazing replacement for sauce on pizza, in pasta or as a dipping sauce! Why do I love it so much? It tastes fantastic and is zero points. It’s the best way to reduce your daily points while still enjoying all the foods you love.
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes one can
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar replacement (Swerve or Monkfruit)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Blend tomatoes in a blender until pureed
- Heat a pot over low heat. Once heated, spray with cooking spray and add garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- Add tomatoes and the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir to combine. Bring to a slight boil and allow the sauce to simmer fo 30-45 minutes, stirring occassionally
WW Points per Serving
To make the sauce thinner, add water. I usually start with a 1/4 cup and go from there.
To make the sauce thicker, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Slowly stir into the sauce until desired thickness is reached.
Makes about half cup servings