I have been on an Alfredo kick lately and I cannot be stopped. My sister was in town and we were really craving some Alfredo but wanted to use my sun-dried tomatoes. We whipped up this tomato Alfredo pasta and this may be the best sauce I have ever had. I love the creaminess mixed with the sun-dried tomatoes. Truly amazing!!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
I used my homemade tomato sauce for this
Tomato Alfredo Pasta
- 8 ounces Banza pasta dry, rigatoni
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- ⅛ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup pasta water
- ¼ cup Allie Carte homemade tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup reduced fat, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to box. Set aside ½ cup of pasta water then drain well and set aside
- Heat a large pan, greased with cooking spray, over medium heat. Add sundried tomatoes and minced garlic, cooking for about 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add in cream cheese and almond milk. Allow it to melt, adding in pasta water as needed.
- Add in the tomato sauce and garlic salt, tossing to combine.
- Allow sauce to come to a slight boil and stir while it thickens.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese to pan and stir until completely melted
- Add in pasta and toss to completely coat.