My instant pot penne alla vodka has been a fan favorite so I put a little twist on it and made some spicy rigatoni alla vodka. But just a warning, this is SPICY and not for the weak of heart. So creamy, so delicious, with a little kick!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
I will include my penne alla vodka recipes at the end of this recipe if you want something less spicy. I have an Instant Pot and stovetop version. You can modify my stovetop version to make this spicy rigatoni if you do not have an instant pot.
Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1.5 links fully cooked links of sausage Boars Head chicken chorizo
- Blend tomatoes until smooth then set aside.
- Slice sausage and set aside.
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. Grease with cooking spray.
- When the pot heats up, add in the minced garlic and diced onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Add the seasonings and stir just a little, trying not to disturb the pasta. Add the sliced sausage on top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot to saute. Add the parmesan and cream cheese into the pot. Stir until melted.
How many points on WW would this be if I didn’t use meat in it? Still 3 on purple if using ww pasta?
It is only 3 on purple if using whole wheat pasta that is zero points
Wow! This was amazing! Spicy as advertised, yet creamy and decadent. I’m trying real hard not to go back for more!!
Thank you so much!!