My instant pot penne alla vodka has been a fan favorite so I put a little twist on it and made some spicy rigatoni alla vodka. But just a warning, this is SPICY and not for the weak of heart. So creamy, so delicious, with a little kick!
How many WW points is this now?! Click on the link below and it will take you to the recipe I made within your own WW app. Your specific points will be calculated, and you can track that.
I will include my penne alla vodka recipes at the end of this recipe if you want something less spicy. I have an Instant Pot and stovetop version. You can modify my stovetop version to make this spicy rigatoni if you do not have an instant pot.
Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces rigatoni pasta dry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1.5 links fully cooked links of sausage Boars Head chicken chorizo
- Blend tomatoes until smooth then set aside.
- Slice sausage and set aside.
- Turn your Instapot to the saute setting. Grease with cooking spray.
- When the pot heats up, add in the minced garlic and diced onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add in the pasta noodles (dry). Pour the broth and blended tomatoes around the pasta
- Add the seasonings and stir just a little, trying not to disturb the pasta. Add the sliced sausage on top.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the pressure cook button to 5 minutes and start it.
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 3 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn the pot to saute. Add the parmesan and cream cheese into the pot. Stir until melted.